Any angler will tell you that you can’t simply “use your gut” to locate and catch fish. You need a good fish finder transducer if you want to have a successful day on the water.
But of course, the transducer needs to be installed correctly for it to do a good job. And this is where the best fish finder transducer mounts come in. The best mount should be:
- Easy to install
- Constructed from marine-grade materials
Keeping the above features in mind, below are some of the best transducer mounts that are worth considering. Check them out.
Transducer Mounts in 2021: Comparison Table
If you don’t have the time to read the entire review, check out our head-to-head comparison table of the mounts.
|1||Brocraft Universal Portable Transducer Bracket||39.4 x 5 x 2.6 inches||2.5 pounds|
|2||Scotty #141 Transducer||13 x 4 x 3 inches||0.85 pounds|
|3||Scotty #140 Transducer Mounting Arm||13 x 4 x 3 inches||0.75 pounds|
|4||Humminbird 4100600-1 Fishfinder||4.2 x 2.7 x 5.8 inches||7.41 pounds|
|5||Brocraft Transducer Mounting Arm||–||1.2 pounds|
|6||Brocraft Transducer Arm Mount||39.4 x 5 x 2.6 inches||2.5 pounds|
|7||YakAttack Round Base Fish Finder Mount||1 x 1 x 1 inches||0.912 pounds|
1. Brocraft Universal Transducer Fishfinder Mount
Made from marine-grade aluminum with CNC processing, this transducer is sure to last you a lifetime. What’s more? It boasts a 360-degree adjustable swivel that can be adapted to most brands of fishfinders.
On top of that, the mount features a simple depth adjustment that offers low and high-speed readings. And since it’s universal, it works for most vessels.
- Can be quickly removed from the boat
- Fast and easy to assemble
- Durable construction
- Clamp doesn’t close completely making it hard to mount on thin boat hull
2. Scotty #141 Transducer
If you are looking for a way to install transducers and other Scotty accessories, you should consider this mounting arm. It features a fully adjustable design that allows infinite micro position changes.
Additionally, the mount is constructed from a high-strength composite material that is corrosion-resistant. As such, it is sure to give you many years of service.
- Compatible with all Scotty accessories
- Slip discs allow micro-adjustments
- Ideal for kayak and small boat use
- Assembles in a flash
- Doesn’t fit most fishfinder brands right out of the box
3. Scotty #140 Transducer Mounting Arm
Similar to Scotty #141, this model features slip discs that allow for micro-adjustments when needed. More so, the mount telescopes from a distance of 11.5-inches to 18-inches when completely extended.
What’s more? It comes with a locking combination Scotty post and side/deck mount that fits into almost any rod holder mount.
- Swivels 360 degrees
- Made of high-strength and corrosion-resistant material
- Easy to use and install
- Great design and quality
- Arm connecting to the transducer feels flimsy
4. Humminbird 4100600-1 Fishfinder Transducer Mount
One thing that stands out about this mount is its multi-directional design. This means that it can be clamped nearly anywhere with no transducer, rigging, or wiring.
Best of all, it is built with a water temperature reader. As such, you can easily tell the water temperatures of the area you’re at.
- Boasts easy one-touch control
- Offers side imaging and great sonar coverage
- Portable and ergonomic clamp
- Can be mounted almost anywhere
- Doesn’t come with the handle
- Battery life is way too short
5. Brocraft Transducer Mounting Arm
Ideal for kayaks, canoes, powerboats, inflatable boat, and pontoon, this mounting arm is quite versatile. Besides, it comes with a slip disc that allows for micro-adjustments. More so, the arm easily swivels 360 degrees.
As if that’s not enough, the transducer mounting arm is made from marine-grade aluminum to ensure ultimate durability.
- Easy to install and use
- Sturdy and holds up well
- Can easily be disconnected when storing the boat
- Includes bolts and screws for mounting
- Not long enough so you might need to extend the length
6. Brocraft Transducer Arm Mount
If you’re looking for a fully adjustable fish finder transducer mount, this model from Brocraft is worth considering. Designed to swivel 360 degrees, the arm mount allows for any angle.
What’s more, thanks to its universal design, it can easily be adapted to almost any fishfinder brand. This includes brands like Garmin, Eagle, Lowrance, and Humminbird.
- Made from marine-grade aluminum
- Extremely portable and easy to assemble
- Can be installed without drilling a big hole into the bottom of the boat
- Its design leaves the transducer exposed to rocks in shallow water
7. YakAttack Fish Finder Mount
Equipped with a three-hole pattern round base, this mount offers a secure mounting solution for most Raymarine and Garmin units.
But here is the best part: it is designed to attach to the track using the LockNLoad system for optimal versatility. So, you don’t have to worry about the mount slipping or rotating in the track.
- LockNLoad system provides ultra-secure mounting
- Easy to use and remove from the kayak
- Sturdy, flexible, and well-made
- Easy to adjust to different positions
- Not easy to assemble because there are no instructions
How to Choose the Best Mount
There are a couple of things you need to take into account when choosing the right transducer mount for your needs. The first thing to consider is the overall construction of the transducer mount. It should be made from marine-grade material that is corrosion-resistant.
Also, you should take into account if the mount is fully adjustable. Generally, a transducer mount that swivels 360 degrees is the best. On top of that, a good mount should be portable, easy to use, and assemble.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Now let’s take a quick look at some of the common questions people ask about the best transducer mounts.
Which way should the fish finder transducer face?
It doesn’t matter which way you would like your transducer to face because the readings are going to look the same.
How does a transducer work?
It simply sends sound (sonar) waves down into the water. Once the sound wave hits something, the transducer estimates the depth and the size of the object. It then sends the feedback to the display.
Which is the Best Transducer Mount?
While all the transducer mounts in this review are the best on the market, the Scotty #140 is our top pick. We like that it provides anglers with micro-adjustments and swivels 360 degrees. Besides, it’s easy to install and well-built.
Whether you are on a budget or not, these are good transducer mounts to suit your preference. This is because most of the mounts on this list are universal.
However, it’s common for some mounts not to line up perfectly with some units. So, make sure to double-check before making a purchase.